Friday, October 24, 2008

My Idea of Courage

For some people, an immediate picture of ‘Courage’ is a scene involving a stuntman risking his life to do a stunt. However, my idea of courage pops out of my head in many different shapes, and forms. Courage can also be explained as ‘Doing the right’ thing’. I can admit to my teacher that I was the one who bombed the boy’s locker room (completely made up story). The consequences could be expulsion, or having to pay for the boy’s locker room (or both). It would take a lot of courage to admit that I was the culprit. Courage can be seen occasionally in daily life. That is because my next idea (form) of courage is ‘Challenging Yourself’. For example, I would have done only 5 laps in my Terry Fox run, if I gave up in the middle of the run, but I pushed myself and kept running, and eventually I got 12 laps in my Terry Fox run. Stunt men challenge themselves to overcome their fears, fire man challenge themselves to run into a burning building and save people, babies challenge themselves to sit up and talk almost everyone challenges themselves in daily life. As shown courage can be formed in other ways than a stunt man risking his life, I hope this paragraph will make courage more visible to people who read it.

No comments: